Have you ever wondered what are the best meditation techniques known to man today? With a plethora of choices, there are various meditation techniques as varied as the many cultures of the world. With a 15 part series solely dedicated to online meditation, focusing heavily on meditation for beginners, sere is an A-Z list of meditation techniques with a short description of each technique to serve as your humble guide towards greater spiritual fulfillment:
- Affirmation Meditation: uses affirmative statements during the meditation process. Start with the breathing exercise as a prelude to your meditation. Then as you achieve the meditative mood, gradually repeat affirmation words such as: “I release conflict and tension. I accept peace and tranquility.” Likewise, you can say, “I will let go of anger and I will embrace love and serenity.” These affirmations are powerful thought-energies which, when repeated to oneself during meditation, will sink into the subconscious and will gradually overturn all the negative thoughts and habits we have imbibed in the past. ==> Use these Affirmations to get started the right way with Affirmation Mediation.
- Ahimsa Meditation: is usually considered as one of the foundations of Yoga and meditation. It literally means “avoidance of violence.” Start your meditation with the typical breathing exercise to center your being. Then once you reach effortless breathing, begin meditating on the truth of Ahimsa. By meditating on the truth of Ahimsa, we can develop a loving attitude towards the whole creation. Ahimsa teaches us to shun away any form of violence, whether verbal or physical. We will profit much spiritually from our meditation by considering our affinity with the whole universe. By making ahimsa our focus in meditation, we could achieve a sense of unity with the whole of creation.
- Alternate Nostril Meditation Technique: is a technique which makes use of alternate breathing exercise between the left and right nostrils. Start the technique by placing yourself in a relaxed position. Then inhale through the left nostril by closing the right nostril with the thumb. Then hold your breath for 16 seconds. Then breathe through the right nostril by holding your left nostril. Do this alternately during meditation. Through practice, you could master this technique which produces optimal functions for both hemispheres of the brain. The ancient yogis practiced this kind of meditation technique to achieve maximum results in meditation. Perfect meditation is the state of non-breathing for the yogis.
- Astral Healing Meditation Technique: focuses on the universal energy and the opening of the 7 chakras. The technique starts with relaxation and modulation of breathing. Then you slowly concentrate on opening each of the chakras so that healing energy could flow into the different parts of the body. Once the universal energy imbues the whole of your being, then healing will take place. The meditation focuses on the “prana” suffusing the very fiber of the 5 bodies of a human person, namely—the physical, mental, emotional, astral and spiritual bodies. In this type of meditation, you can attempt astral projection , leaving your physical body while effecting healing into all the aspects of your being. ==> Learn more about the Astral Healing Meditation Technique here where you will learn what you need for both Meditation & Astral Healing.
- Astral Travel Meditation Technique: is a kind of meditation aimed at achieving an out-of-body experience. This meditation starts with relaxation by slowly breathing in and breathing out. Then slowly visualize yourself opening up your chakras one by one and allowing the universal energy to suffuse every fiber of your body. Once the universal energy imbued every part of your body, you will soon find yourself homogenous with the whole universe making you one with it. Your ego boundaries disappear and you find yourself unbounded by time and space. Your molecules become a part of the universe. At this state, you can see yourself like a floating energy with no dimensions. This is a beautiful Astral Travel Meditation Technique that I personally attest to so you NEED to learn it properly at this astral projection link here. You will not regret trying this.
- Bathing in Protective Light: is a meditation technique which starts with relaxation and the process of breathing in and breathing out. Then, when the body is totally relaxed, you focus on the crown chakra, where life force, or “chi,” or “prana” moves around your body covering you with a magnificent light around one meter from your skin surface. Once you have visualized the encompassing light around you like a protective shield, you can utter your intent that this light may serve as your protector, deflecting any negative energy. Then be thankful for the protective light shield which will stay around you to protect you throughout the whole day.
Here is a neat index of the entire 15 parts of the Online Meditation 110 Meditation Techniques article series: